The Vmware VCP6-DCV 2V0-621 certification exam tests the skills of IT professionals in terms of successfully installing, scaling, deploying and managing VMware vSphere 6 environments. VMware vSphere is the top data center virtualization platform, therefore, taking the course in this field will teach you how to plan for, troubleshoot, and implement vSphere 6 deployment, including administration and maintenance of vSphere 6 data center.
Requirements for Taking the 2V0-621 Exam
You need to qualify for the examination before taking it. Here are requirements for taking this VMware test:
- You should have 6-months experience with vSphere 6.
- You should have attended one of the training courses listed below with the most popular ones being installation, configuration, management, optimization, and scaling classes.
- You should have completed the vSphere 6 Foundations exam or vSphere 6.5 Foundations exam.
- You should have completed the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization certification examination.
Tips for Passing the 2V0-621Exam
This VCP6-DCV exam just like any other tests needs to be taken seriously if you have any hope of getting your certification. Here are tips for passing the 2V0-621 examination:
- Take VMware practice exams
There are the 2V0-621 and the vSphere 6 Foundations practice tests. This is a wonderful exam resource that will enable you to learn how VMware presents its questions so that you are well prepared the moment you sit for the examination.
- Spend less time on tough questions
It is not wise to spend up to 10 minutes trying to figure out the answer to one question when you have many other questions to deal with. Start with the comfortable ones before you tackle the tough questions so that you spread your time evenly.
- Focus on experience
As much as theory is a huge part of passing the exam, you need practical skills the more to ensure you achieve overall success. You can create a home lab for your practicals so that you can anticipate practicals and pass them with ease.
- Take care of yourself
Ensure that you eat well and take time off your studies before the exam. Good food and proper rest is essential for optimal brain activity. You do not want your brain to shut down when you need it the most hence you should consider your health as well.
Training Courses for the 2V0-621 Exam
There are courses you need to take before you sit for the VCP6-DCV test. Here are the best training courses for this exam:
- Learning virtualization
- Learning VMware vSphere
- VMware vSphere 6 essential training
- VMware vSphere: advanced networking
- VMware vSphere: network troubleshooting
- VMware vSphere: configuring and managing VDS
- VMware vSphere: configuring advanced DRS features
- VMware vSphere: administering and managing resources
- VMware vSphere: configuring and managing networking
- VMware vSphere: backing up and recovering a deployment
- VMware vSphere: deploying and consolidating a data center
- VMware vSphere: configuration and administration of security
- VMware vSphere: configuring advanced high availability features
- VMware vSphere: advanced storage, configuration, and administration
- VMware vSphere: administration and management of virtual machines
- VMware vSphere Certified Professional on vSphere 6 Cert Prep (2V0-621): the basics
Top Resources for the 2V0-621 Exam
When preparing for the examination, you need effective resources relevant to the exam. Here are the top resources for the VMware VCP6-DCV 2V0-621 test:
- vSphere Setup and Installation Guide
- What’s new in the VMware vSphere 6.0 Platform
- VMware Hardened Virtual Appliance Operations Guide
- vSphere Administration with the vSphere Client Guide
- Top Practices for Working VMware vSphere on iSCSI
- Virtual SAN 6.0 Performance: Scalability and Best Practices
- What’s New in VMware vSphere Flash Read Cache
- vSphere Virtual Machine Administration Guide
- VSphere Data Protection Administration Guide
- VMware vSphere Data Protection Evaluation Manual
- vSphere Troubleshooting Guide
- VMware vSphere Replication Administration
- vSphere Monitoring and Performance Guide
- vSphere Server and Host Management Guide
- VMware vCloud Air-Disaster Recovery User’s Guide
Books for the 2V0-621 Exam
As much as the Internet has vast resources for the exam, you should also read books. Here are some recommended books for this VMware examination:
- vSphere 6 Foundations Exam Official Cert Guide (Exam #2V0-620)
The book is based on the real blueprint of the Foundations exam. The interesting feature of this guide is that when you study the blueprint of the test, it means that you will cover everything that is contained in the exam.
The book is based on the exam blueprint of the VCP6-DCV test together with the official exam blueprint. This will also enable you to fully prepare for the examination due to its contents that highlight every section of the exam.
- Mastering vSphere 6
The book contains a wonderful reference guide for students whether they are going to sit for certification tests or not. It has all content relevant to vSphere 6 and could be used by anyone to learn or refresh their memory.
- VMware vSphere 6.5 Host Resources Deep Dive
The book is a recent addition and it focuses on information about host resources. It enables students to develop the troubleshooting mindset which is the key factor when it comes to success in VMware exams.
Virtualization technology is a big factor in today’s digital era and the 2V0-621 certification exam will enable you to excel in this field. VMware has certifications that are recognized everywhere and you will have an added advantage when you are looking for a job. Apply the tips discussed above when you are preparing for your examination to ensure that you succeed.