Best Carpet Cleaning Techniques and Methods
When you select a carpet cleaning company for your business or home, it is essential to understand the different type of carpet cleaning techniques and methods so that you can make the right choice for your carpet. Not all carpet cleaning methods will work for your carpet, and choosing the right type of carpet cleaning methods depends on various factors such as your carpet fabric, your environment and more.
Read on to learn about different carpet cleaning techniques and methods:
Steam cleaning is a popular carpet cleaning method, also known as hot water extraction cleaning. In steam cleaning, hot water between 150 to 200º F is used. Hot water mixed with a cleaning solution is sprayed on the carpet at high temperature and pressure, this helps the dirt and particles on the carpet to loosen. Dirt is then removed and water is extracted with the help of a vacuum. Steam cleaning requires skilled and experienced rug cleaning professionals like Carpet Cleaning London. They also provide cost-effective tile and grout cleaning services for London based customers.
- Eco friendly and trustworthy cleaning method
- Useful for deep and thorough carpet cleaning
- Works great for the removal of bacteria, dust mites, odors and hygiene.
- Stains may reappear after few days, this is called wicking.
- Longer drying times if steam cleaned vs dry cleaned.
- Can be expensive
This carpet cleaning method is popular in hotels because it produces good surface cleaning results in no time. This process mainly focuses on the surface of the carpet. A heavy duty motorised machine is used to remove the dirt from the carpet surface. The Bonnet cleaning method doesn’t clean the carpet deeply and within a short period of time the dirt emerges back to the surface.
- Short drying time
- Perfect for spot cleaning
- Affordable cleaning method
- It is a temporary carpet cleaning method
- Does not deep clean the carpets
Dry carpet cleaning method requires the use of less water. The dry detergent and small amount of water is applied on the carpet and thoroughly spread with the help of a motorised counter rotating brush machine and it is left on the carpet for about 15-20 minutes. The dirt and powder is then removed with the help of a vacuum, leaving the carpet clean and spotless for this service you can call carpet cleaning Victoria.
- Carpet can be used within a few hours after cleaning
- Faster drying time
- Safe cleaning method for delicate carpet materials such as hemp and sisal
- After a certain period dry powder becomes sticky and attracts soil and dirt easily
- Cleaning solution used to remove dirt can be difficult to remove completely
- Causes dust build up which makes it unsuitable for people who are allergic to dust
Traditional Carpet Cleaning
This method is used to deep clean carpets with the help of detergent and water using a brush then cleaning it and drying in the sun. This method doesn’t require the use of a vacuum cleaner or any other complex equipment. But traditional carpet cleaning doesn’t work well for wall-to-wall carpeting. We do not recommend this process, call the professionals at carpet cleaning Richmond.
- Affordable and easy to use as no training or expensive cleaning products and machines are required, however we still advise a professional to clean your carpets.
- Effective method as you can concentrate on the stubborn stains, beware damage can be done if you work on the carpet too much and distort the pile.
- Perfect for small sized carpets
- Time consuming and difficult for larger carpets
- Can damage the carpet or set the stain
- Longer drying times
- Not suitable for wall-to-wall carpeting
Encapsulation is similar to dry cleaning method, requires the use of water. Synthetic detergents are applied on the surface that trap the soil and dirt and form a crystal when dried, then it is removed with regular vacuuming.
- Provide long lasting and effective cleaning of the carpet
- Require no rinsing and drying
- Provide efficient cleaning for both smaller and larger carpeted areas
- Improve carpet appearance
- Cleaning solutions and machines are expensive
- Not suitable for oily and greasy dirt and soils
- Machines used are very heavy and difficult to operate for some technicians
Carpet cleaning is one of the oldest cleaning methods, where a foamy chemical is applied on the carpet and scrubbed with the help of a motorised brush. This foamy chemical attracts the dirt and it is then removed using a vacuum cleaner, once the carpet is dry.
- Cost-effective, easy to use and quick method
- Fast dry time
- Very effective in soil removal, once dry and vacuumed out.
- No rinsing can cause carpet fibres to resoil sooner
- Suitable for any kind of carpet fibres as no high temperature or high ph involved
- Excessive wetting is possible due to poor extraction of foam
Dry Foam Shampooing Method
People often get confused between the carpet shampooing and dry foam shampooing method because they are quite similar. The term “Dry” is used to describe the reduction in moisture used.
In the dry foam shampooing method, a foam generator is used to whip the shampoo liquid into a foam, it is then applied to the carpet using reel brush systems. After a short pause it is sucked into the vacuum.
- Low amount of moisture is used which results in faster drying times and you don’t have to deal with the problems associated with over wetting
- Can cover large areas in a short time
- Not effective for deep carpet cleaning
Regular vacuuming is widely used by most homeowners. When performed regularly, it gives the desired results. You don’t have to buy heavy, expensive machinery, only a regular vacuum cleaner is required. For best results consider using a vacuum with rotary brushes as they are effective in removing deep dirt.
- Inexpensive method
- Easy to use
- Can deal with dry mess.
- Faster than the traditional carpet cleaning method
- Not suitable for deep cleaning and removing stains
- Can only be used for cleaning dry messes
Each of these carpet cleaning methods has their own benefits and precautions. Consider the following factors to choose the right cleaning method for your home or office:
- How dirty are your carpets?
- How long can you wait for them to dry?
- How clean do you want them and how much can you afford?
Finally, think carefully about your requirements and above mentioned checklist will help you choose the best carpet cleaning method.