Lockdown E-Pass: If you are eligible for an e-pass, go to the Delhi government’s website: https://delhi.gov.in. Check out the steps given here
Delhi Lockdown: The national capital will be under a six-day lockdown from 10 pm tonight to 5 am next Monday, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced today. Mr Kejriwal said the lockdown is necessary as there is a scarcity of resources after the Covid crisis escalated. Only essential services will now be allowed. E-passes can be obtained from the Delhi government website. In the last few days, the daily cases of Covid-19 have been around 25,500 and the healthcare system in Delhi is under tremendous pressure, the Chief Minister said, while addressing an online press conference.
Delhi Lockdown: Here is how to apply for e-pass
- If you are eligible for an e-pass, go to the Delhi government’s website: https://delhi.gov.in
- You will need to click on e-pass for night curfew in Delhi
- When the form appears on the screen, you will need to fill in all personal details such as name, phone number and address.
- You will also need to provide identity proof and other documents linked to why the e-pass is required
- Now click on the ‘submit’ button and your e-pass number will be generated. You can follow-up if your e-pass has been approved by the government with the e-pass number.
दिल्ली में तेज़ी से बढ़ते कोरोना मामलों के मद्देनज़र एक महत्वपूर्ण घोषणा | Press Conference | LIVE https://t.co/zAECIEcZ53
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) April 19, 2021
Noting that the decision to impose lockdown was not an easy one, Mr Kejriwal appealed to migrants in the city not to leave Delhi. The government will take good care of them, he assured. Essential services will be allowed during the lockdown, Mr Kejriwal said, adding that wedding ceremonies with a limit of 50 people will be allowed and special passes can be issued for them.