CINEMA SB140 Channel Soundbar
Before using this product, read the safety sheet carefully.
Power cord quantity and plug type vary by regions
TV (HDMI ARC)
The subwoofer and the soundbar will be paired automatically when both are powered on.
DOLBY ATMOS® (Virtual)
With the Virtual Dolby Atmos, enjoy heightened sound effects when you play movies in the HDMI IN/HDMI ARC source.
Pre-defined EQ Settings
With the remote control, select the pre-defined EQ (equalizer) settings for your audio playback.
Voice mode for clarity Bass on/off
Voice mode for clarity Bass on/off
For software upgrade. USB playback is available in the US version only.
- Power supply: 100 – 240 V~, 50/60 Hz
- Total speaker power output (Max. @THD 1%): 220 W
- Soundbar power output (Max. @THD 1%): 2 x 52 W
- Subwoofer power output (Max. @THD 1%): 116 W
- Soundbar transducer: 2x (48 x 90) mm racetrack driver + 2x 0.5” tweeter
- Subwoofer transducer: 5.25”, wireless sub
- Standby consumption: 0.5 W
- Operating temperature: 0°C – 45°C
- HDMI Video output (With Audio return channel): 1
- HDMI HDCP version: 1.4
- Frequency response: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 82 dB
- Audio inputs: 1 Optical, Bluetooth, USB (USB playback is available in US version. For other versions, USB is for Service only
- USB port: Type A
- USB rating: 5 V DC / 0.5 A
- Supporting file format: mp3
- MP3 Codec: MPEG 1 Layer 1/2/3,
MPEG 2/2.5 Layer 1/2/3
- MP3 sampling rate: 8 kHz – 48 kHz
- MP3 bitrate:
MPEG 1 Layer 1: 32 kbps – 448 kbps;
MPEG 1 Layer 2: 32 kbps – 384 kbps;
MPEG 1 Layer 3: 32 kbps – 320 kbps;
MPEG 2/2.5 Layer 1: 32 kbps – 256 kbps;
MPEG 2/2.5 Layer 2/3: 8 kbps – 160 kbps
- Bluetooth version: 4.2
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.5
- Bluetooth frequency range: 2402 – 2480 MHz
- Bluetooth Max. transmitting power: < 0 dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK
- 2.4G wireless frequency range: 2400 – 2483 MHz
- 2.4G Max. transmitting power: 3 dBm
- 2.4G wireless modulation: FSK
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 900 x 62 x 67 mm /35.4” x 2.44” x 2.64” (soundbar); 200 x 320 x 280 mm /7.87” x 12.6” x 11” (subwoofer)
- Weight: 1.7 kg (soundbar); 4.2 kg (subwoofer)
- Packaging dimensions (W x H x D): 995 x 235 x 405 mm / 39.17” x 9.25” x 15.94”
- Packaging weight (Gross weight): 8.0 kg
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
Dolby, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Confidential unpublished works. Copyright © 2012–2020 Dolby Laboratories. All rights reserved.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For all products:
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install this apparatus in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install this apparatus near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety.
If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Use only attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as when the power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, or the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally or has been dropped.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing, and ensure that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, are placed on the apparatus.
- To disconnect this apparatus from the AC mains completely, disconnect the power- supply cord plug from the AC receptacle.
- The mains plug of the power-supply cord shall remain readily operable.
- Do not expose batteries to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like.
- This apparatus is intended to be used only with the power supply and/or charging cable provided by the manufacturer.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT OPEN.
THE LIGHTNING FLASH WITH AN ARROWHEAD SYMBOL, WITHIN AN THE EQUILATERAL TRIANGLE, IS INTENDED TO ALERT THE USER TO THE PRESENCE OF UNINSULATED “DANGEROUS VOLTAGE” WITHIN THE PRODUCT’S
ENCLOSURE THAT MAY BE OF SUFFICIENT MAGNITUDE TO CONSTITUTE A RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK TO PERSONS.
THE EXCLAMATION POINT WITHIN AN EQUILATERAL TRIANGLE IS INTENDED TO ALERT THE USER TO THE PRESENCE OF IMPORTANT OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE (SERVICING) INSTRUCTIONS IN THE LITERATURE ACCOMPANYING THE PRODUCT.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
CAUTION FCC AND IC STATEMENT FOR USERS (USA AND CANADA ONLY)
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC DOC SUPPLIER’S DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
HARMAN International at this moment declares that this equipment is in compliance with the FCC Part 15 Subpart B.
The declaration of conformity may be consulted in the support section of our Web site, accessible from www.jbl.com
Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by HARMAN could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
For Products That Transmit RF Energy:
FCC AND IC INFORMATION FOR USERS
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules and Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference; and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC/IC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC/IC RSS-102 radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20cm between the radiator and your body. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
FOR ALL EU COUNTRIES:
For products that include audio out
Prevention of hearing loss
Caution: Permanent hearing loss may occur if earphones or headphones are used at high volume for prolonged periods of time.
For France, the products have been tested to comply with the Sound Pressure Level requirement laid down in the applicable NF EN 50332-1:2013 and/or EN 50332-2:2013 standards as required by French Article L.5232-1.
Note: To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods. WEEE Notice
The Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), which entered into force as European law on 14/02/2014, resulted in a major change in the treatment of electrical equipment at end-of-life.
The purpose of this Directive is, as a first priority, the prevention of WEEE, and in addition, to promote the reuse, recycling, and other forms of recovery of such wastes so as to reduce disposal.
The WEEE logo on the product or on its box indicating the collection for electrical and electronic equipment consists of the crossed-out wheeled bin, as shown below.
This product must not be disposed of or dumped with your other household waste. You are liable to dispose of all your electronic or electrical waste equipment by relocating over to the specified collection point for the recycling of such hazardous waste. Isolated collection and proper recovery of your electronic and electrical waste equipment at the time of disposal will allow us to help conserve natural resources. Moreover, proper recycling of electronic and electrical waste equipment will ensure the safety of human health and the environment. For more information about electronic and electrical waste equipment disposal, recovery, and collection points, please contact your local city center, household waste disposal service, shop from where you purchased the equipment or manufacturer of the equipment.
This product is in compliance with Directive 2011/65/EU and (EU)2015/863 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 31/03/2015 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
REACH (Regulation No 1907/2006) addresses the production and use of chemical substances and their potential impacts on human health and the environment. Article 33(1) of the REACH Regulation requires suppliers to inform the recipients if an article contains more than 0.1 % (per weight per article) of any substance(s) on the Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Candidate List (‘REACH candidate list’). This product contains the substance “lead”(CAS-No. 7439-92-1) in a concentration of more than 0.1% per weight.
At the time of the release of this product, except for the lead substance, no other substances of the REACH candidate list are contained in a concentration of more than 0.1% per weight in this product.
Note: On June 27, 2018, the lead was added to the REACH candidate list. The inclusion of lead in the REACH candidate list does not mean that lead-containing materials pose an immediate risk or result in a restriction of the permissibility of its use.
For Products That Include Batteries EU Batteries Directive 2013/56/EU
A new battery directive 2013/56/EU on Battery and Accumulator replacement directive entered into force on 01 /07/2015. The directive applies to all types of batteries and accumulators (AA, AAA, button cells, lead acid, rechargeable packs) including those incorporated into appliances except for the military, medical, and power tool applications. The directive sets out rules for the collection, treatment, recycling, and disposal of batteries, and aims to prohibit certain hazardous substances and to improve the environmental performance of batteries and all operators in the supply chain.
Instructions for Users on Removal, Recycling, and Disposal of Used Batteries To remove the batteries from your equipment or remote control, reverse the procedure described in the owner’s manual for inserting batteries. Removing products with a built-in battery that lasts for the product’s lifetime may not be possible for the user. In this case, recycling or recovery centers handle the dismantling of the product and the removal of the battery. If for any reason, it becomes necessary to replace such a battery, this procedure must be performed by authorized service centers.
In the European Union and other locations, it is illegal to dispose of any battery with household trash. All batteries must be disposed of in an environmentally sound manner. Contact your local waste-management officials for information regarding the environmentally sound collection, recycling, and disposal of used batteries.
WARNING: Danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced. To reduce the risk of fire or burns, don’t disassemble, crush, puncture, short external contacts, expose to temperatures above 60°C (140°F), or dispose of in fire or water. Replace only with specified batteries. The symbol indicating ‘separate collection’ for all batteries and accumulators shall be the crossed-out wheeled bin shown below:
In the case of batteries, accumulators and button cells containing more than 0.0005 % mercury, more than 0.002 % cadmium, or more than 0.004 % lead, shall be marked with the chemical symbol for the metal concerned: Hg, Cd, or Pb respectively. Please Refer to the below symbol:
DO NOT INGEST BATTERY, CHEMICAL BURN HAZARD [The remote control supplied with] This product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
For All Products Except Those with Wireless Operation:
HARMAN International at this moment declares that this equipment is in compliance with the EMC 2014/30/EU Directive, and LVD2014/35/EU Directive. The declaration of conformity may be consulted in the support section of our Web site, accessible from www.jbl.com.
For All Products with Wireless Operation:
HARMAN International at this moment declares that this equipment is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The declaration of conformity may be consulted in the support section of our Web site, accessible from www.jbl.com.
HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. JBL is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications, and appearance are subject to change without notice.
Documents / Resources
|JBL CINEMA SB140 Channel Soundbar [pdf] User Guide
SB140MKII, APISB140MKII, CINEMA SB140 Channel Soundbar, CINEMA SB140, Channel Soundbar, Soundbar, CINEMA Soundbar