JBL ProFlora Taifun Spiral 5 Expandable CO2 Reactor
This instruction manual is for the products
- JBL PROFLORA CO2 TAIFUN SPIRAL 5
- JBL PROFLORA CO2 TAIFUN SPIRAL 10
Freely extendable CO2 passive reactor with maximum CO2 diffusion rate in water. The modular construction of the JBL PRO FLORA CO2 TAIFUN SPIRAL reactors enables them to be adapted to provide the best CO2 utilization in practically every aquarium size. The 10-module JBL PRO FLORA CO2 TAIFUN SPIRAL 10 provides optimal amounts of CO2 in aquariums up to 400 l. Its little brother, the JBL PRO FLORA CO2 TAIFUNSPIRAL 5 with 5 modules, provides optimal CO2 amounts for aquariums up to 200 l. The five-module JBL PRO FLORA CO2 TAIFUN SPIRAL EXTEND extension increases the capacityby an additional 200 l. The special construction of the spiral channel up which the CO2 bubbles rise, with ventilation slits in the sides, ensuresthe complete diffusion of the CO2 into the surrounding water without the need for an additional water pump to create a current. The reactor is transparent, so you can accurately observe the bubbles as they rise and set the optimal amount of CO2, even without a bubble counter.
Parts and description
- Lower part with hose connector.
- Lid for lower part (to prevent slugs entering).
JBL PROFLORA CO, TAIFUN SPIRAL 10: 10x
JBL PROFLORA CO; TAIFUN SPIRAL 5:5
- Collection cap to prevent CO, loss.
- CO2 hose JBL PROFLORA CO, TAIFUN TUBE BLACK.
- Holding clip with suction pad.
- First thoroughly rinse the reactor in lukewarm water. Do not use detergents.
- Fit the reactor vertically in the aquarium in a position where there is a gentle current. The upper edge of the device needs to be at least 2 cm under the surface of the water.
- Connect the CO2 hose to the CO2 source: with bio-CO2 systems (e.g. JBL PROFLORA CO2 BIO BASIC) to the hose connection of the reaction vessel, with systems using pressurized gas cylinders to the hose connection of the pressure regulator fitting. First let a few bubbles run through the device.
- At first the bubbles will flow intermittently through the spiral bubble channel from the bottom to the top. The device needs approx. 48 hours to set-up. Only then will a bio-film have formed, allowing the bubbles to rise freely upwards. As they rise, the bubbles will become smaller as a sign of the diffusion of the CO2 into the surrounding water. Once the bubbles are at the top, they reach the collection cap where any remaining CO2 can diffuse completely.
After some time the collection cap fills with gas which will now and again escape upwards through the ventilation openings. This gas is not CO2, but so-called “false” gas which is sometimes present in small quantities in CO2 cylinders or which diffuses into the bubbles on their way upwards from the surrounding water. Please clean the reactor as little as possible. It is best fitted in a dark part of the aquarium where the current is sufficient.
The number of bubbles:
With bio-CO2 systems, the number of bubbles is predetermined by the system and can’t be regulated. For systems with pressurised gas cylinders: the amount of CO2 needed depends on the quantity of water, the carbonate hardness, the pH level required and its consumption by plants. Start initially with one bubble in every second bend in the device and slowly increase the number over the course of several days, as required. The pH value serves as a control. For monitoring, we recommend the PROAQUATEST CO2-pH Permanent.
The reactor is made of clear acrylic glass, which allows you to monitor the bubbles easily. If necessary, it can be cleaned with a JBL PRO CLEAN cleaner. The device can be easily dismantled for cleaning by pulling the individual parts apart vertically. After cleaning, simply reassemble. The individual module parts click together to ensure a good fit and a continuous bubble channel.
The product and packaging should be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
Documents / Resources
|JBL ProFlora Taifun Spiral 5 Expandable CO2 Reactor [pdf] Instruction Manual
Taifun Spiral 5, Taifun Spiral 10, ProFlora Taifun Spiral 5, Expandable CO2 Reactor, ProFlora Taifun Spiral 5 Expandable CO2 Reactor, CO2 Reactor, Reactor