Stage Architectural Loudspeakers
Quick Start Guide
SGK6 Stage Architectural Loudspeakers
This Quick Start Guide contains basic information on the Stage Architectural loudspeakers, important pre-installation steps, and important safety warnings about installation of this product. Read through this document in its entirety before proceeding with installation.
After reading this document visit the product page on the JBL Specialty Audio website for complete installation instructions for these products.
This document supports the following products.
|Stage 250WL||2-way Dual 5.25″ In-Wall|
|Stage 260W||2-way 6.5″ In-Wall|
|Stage 280W||2-way 8″ In-Wall|
|Stage 260C||2-way 6.5″ In-Ceiling|
|Stage 260CDT||2-way 6.5″ Dual Tweeter In-Ceiling|
|Stage 260CSA||2-way 6.5″ Angled In-Ceiling|
|Stage 280C||2-way 8″ In-Ceiling|
|Stage 280CSA||2-way 8″ Angled In-Ceiling|
1x Stage Architectural Loudspeaker
1x Zero Bezel Grille
1x Cutout Template
1x Quick Start Guide (This Document)
There are several accessories available for new construction installations as well as square grille kits to change the appearance of the in-ceiling speakers.
|CB6||Pre-Construction Bracket for 6″ In-Ceiling|
|CB6SA||Pre-Construction Bracket for 6″ Angled In-Ceiling|
|CB8||Pre-Construction Bracket for 8″ In-Ceiling|
|CB8SA||Pre-Construction Bracket for 8″ Angled In-Ceiling|
|WB52||Pre-Construction Bracket for 5″ In-Wall|
|WB61||Pre-Construction Bracket for 6″ In-Wall|
|WB81||Pre-Construction Bracket for 8″ In-Wall|
|Square Grille Kits|
|SGK6||Square Grille Kit for 6″ In-Ceiling|
|SGK8||Square Grille Kit for 8″ In-Ceiling|
IMPORTANT! HARMAN International assumes no responsibility for improper installation of hardware or for any personal injuries or product damages resulting from improper installation or a fallen loudspeaker.
Read through this document and other documents associated with this product in their entirety and heed all warning before proceeding with the installation of these product(s).
IMPORTANT! Installation Precautions
Due to the nature of this product, there are several precautions to follow before installation can begin.
- Allow sufficient clearance between the speaker and any insulation that may be in the wall cavity to avoid ignition should overheating occur.
1″ (26mm) for Non-Flammable Materials 3″ (78mm) for Flammable Materials
- Ensure that all wire run inside of walls and ceiling meets or exceeds local fire codes for hidden wiring.
- Determine wire lengths and select the proper gauge speaker wire to use based on the table under Wire Gauge by Distance.
- Do NOT overtighten the dog legs when securing the speaker to surfaces as this may cause the speaker to come loose. If using a power screwdriver set it to the lowest settings.
- Do NOT connect the speakers to an amplifier rated above the recommended amplifier power. Overdriving the speaker can cause an overheating condition increasing the risk of injury.
- Do NOT connect the amplifier end of the wire until all speakers are wired and installed.
- Determine and purchase any accessories such as preconstruction brackets before beginning the installation process. Refer to Associated Accessories for a list of available brackets.
- Ensure that wall and ceiling board material is between ½” (13mm) and 2″ (51mm) thick and capable of supporting the weight of the speaker.
Wire Gauge by Distance
|< 50ft (15m)||16-gauge|
|50ft (15m) ~ 100ft (30m)||12-gauge|
Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
8500 Balboa Blvd, Northridge CA 91329 United States.
European Representative: Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
EMEA Liaison Office, Danzigerkade 16G, 1013 AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
UK Business Address: Ground Floor, Westside 2, London Road, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD, United Kingdom.
© 2022 Harman International Industries, Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
JBL is a trademark of Harman International Industries, Incorporated registered in the United States and other countries.
Features, Specifications, and Appearance subject to change without notice.
Stage Architectural Loudspeakers Quick Start Guide | Rev 1.0 20220408
Part No. 950-0610-001
© 2022 Harman International Industries
Specifications, Appearance, and Features subject to change without notice.
Rev 1.0 202204
Documents / Resources
|JBL SGK6 Stage Architectural Loudspeakers [pdf] User Guide
SGK6 Stage Architectural Loudspeakers, SGK6, Stage Architectural Loudspeakers, Architectural Loudspeakers, Loudspeakers